Reserve A Meeting Room
The Peoria Public Library welcomes the use of its meeting rooms by persons or organizations (Users) engaged in educational, cultural, civic, intellectual and charitable activities or activities requiring the use of library materials.
Meeting Room Forms
Scroll down for printable forms for each location.
Meeting Room Policy
Peoria Public Library, as part of our mission to be a community information center, provides Meeting Rooms for use by the public. The following regulations allow for the public to take advantage of these meeting rooms while setting reasonable expectations for use.
Rooms may be used at no charge; however, Peoria Public Library suggests a donation of $10 per hour to The Friends of Peoria Public Library.
Meeting Rooms are generally available for use during regular service hours on days the Library is open. Exact times may vary by location. Users should plan their meeting preparation and setup within the regular service hours and set meeting start times accordingly. Clean-up and vacating of the meeting room must be completed within the time specified on the application and no later than closing time.
Library sponsored activities and the programs of the Library's affiliated Users are given priority in the scheduling of the meeting rooms.
Social gatherings such as birthday parties, bridal or baby showers are not appropriate uses of Library meeting rooms and are prohibited.
In order to ensure excellent customer service, the Library reserves the right to revise any meeting arrangements scheduled if necessary and to preempt established reservations upon reasonable notification to the Users.
Meeting Rooms shall not be used in any way that materially interferes with the operation of the Library or which causes a threat to the safety of Library property or its patrons. In the event of a Library building emergency or weather-related emergency, meetings may be canceled.
Users of Library Meeting Rooms may not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, color, creed, national origin, religious belief or disability.
Meeting room users will agree that:
• No admission or other fees may be charged to individuals attending meetings or programs; no donations may be required; no products or services may be advertised, solicited or sold except for tuition or fees for classes sponsored by governmental agencies, educational institutions or non-profit agencies for group educational or operational purposes. Groups may be required to show proof of non-profit status (501-C3, 501-C4).
• Users of Library Meeting Rooms shall not use the Library as the site of their business operation or as their official address.
• The Library will not store any equipment or supplies belonging to groups or individuals using the facilities.
• Smoking and alcoholic beverages are not allowed in any area of the Library.
• Users of Library Meeting Rooms must comply with all applicable State and Federal laws and regulations - such as hiring an interpreter or providing auxiliary aids required under the Americans with Disabilities Act when requested by the public at an open meeting.
• Nothing may be affixed to any surfaces of the Library. A fine will be charged and User agrees to pay for any special maintenance required and damages done to Library premises as a result of the meeting.
• Light refreshments may be served upon approval of Library staff and must remain in the meeting area. Food and beverages are not allowed in any computer lab. The Library will provide a coffeepot, hot water pot and water upon request at the time of the reservation. The User of the room must provide all other supplies. Leftover food and beverages must be discarded or removed from the facility by the User. A $25 fee may be charged to the user if user does not clean up the Meeting Room facilities prior to leaving.
• The User is responsible for the supervision of all children who may accompany its members. Children should remain with the User or be supervised by an adult who must remain with them.
• Library staff will not take or deliver messages for meeting participants.
• Users will inform Library staff when the meeting has ended, and state the number of people who attended.
The Library assumes no responsibility for private property brought into the building.
Use of the Library's meeting rooms does not constitute Library endorsement of viewpoints expressed by participants in the program. Advertisements or announcements implying such endorsement are not permitted. The Library logo may not be used.
The contact person for each User is responsible for ensuring that each member of his or her group is aware of and abides by these regulations.
Requests for use of a meeting room may be made by filling out a reservation form. The reservation form may be found in PDF format on the library website or requested in person, by telephone, or in writing from the Main Library Programming Department or the appropriate branch during normal business hours Monday through Friday. The reservation does not take effect until the application has been submitted, approved by the Programming Department representative and the fee for use (if applicable) has been received. Applicants will receive a confirmation email once the request has been confirmed. Requests will be honored on a first-come, first-served basis.
The Library reserves the right to designate which room will be assigned for use. The User may request a certain room, and that request will be honored whenever possible.
Each Library meeting room has a permanent or normal setup arrangement. Changes to the normal room arrangement must be described in the reservation form. Any deviation from the normal room arrangement requires a minimum $25 setup fee, which needs to be paid before a reservation is finalized and recorded on the meeting room schedule. Normal setup arrangements are described in the reservation form.
Cancellations must be called into the Library location where the meeting is to be held. If a cancellation occurs the day of the meeting and extensive room setups have already been completed, the Library will not refund the set up fee.
Users are responsible for notifying the Library of cancellations. If a User fails to appear for their scheduled meeting, they forfeit any fees paid at the time of reservation. If a User fails to appear a second time, their reservations for the remainder of the year will be canceled and prepaid funds for future bookings will be refunded.
The Library has a limited supply of various kinds of audio-visual equipment, which may be used, within the meeting rooms. There are fees for the use of some pieces of equipment. These items must be scheduled and rental fees paid when the room is reserved.
|Projector||$10.00||Does not apply to McKenzie Room (North Branch), Auditorium (Main Library), or Hot Air Balloon (Lincoln Branch)|
|Microphones||$10.00 each||Please indicate lapel or handheld. Only applies to McKenzie Room (North Branch) and Auditorium (Main Library)|
|TV/DVD Player||$10.00||Inclusive unit. Limited locations. Please inquire about availability.|
|Flipchart Stand||$10.00 each||Paper, markers, and other supplies not provided by the library.|
|Media Box||$10.00||For media use only. Only applies to McKenzie Room (North Branch) and Auditorium (Main Library)|
|Special Room Setup||$25.00||All rooms have standard setup. Any deviation from the standard setup results in this fee.|
Future use of meeting rooms may be restricted or denied for any violation of these rules.
User agrees to pay for any security measures that the Library determines are reasonably required in connection with any meeting proposed by the User. At least 48 hours prior to the meeting, user shall deposit such funds with the Library, as the Library reasonably deems necessary in light of the relevant circumstances, to cover the cost of such security measures.
User may appeal any decision of the Library under this Meeting Room Policy to the Board of Trustees.
Such appeal shall be filed in writing with the Director of the Library within 10 days after notice of the decision is given to User. Such notice shall be deemed to have been given to the User when the decision is personally delivered in writing to User or when the written notice is sent to user by email or first class mail.
In the event of such an appeal, the Appeals Committee of the Board of Trustees shall hold a hearing for the purpose of hearing evidence relevant to the appeal.
Within 30 days after conclusion of the hearing, the Appeals Committee shall make a written recommendation to the Board of Trustees regarding the matter.
After receipt of the written recommendation of the Appeals Committee, the Board of Trustees shall make a final decision regarding the appeal. No new evidence shall be heard by the Board of Trustees.
The Meeting Room Policy will be reviewed and revised as necessary by the Board of Trustees of Peoria Public Library.
Adopted by the Peoria Public Library Board of Trustees on January 15, 2013.
Revised by the Peoria Public Library Board of Trustees on January 20, 2015.
Meeting Room Contract
To reserve the meeting room please download, fill out and mail the Meeting Room Contract to:
Peoria Public Library
107 NE Monroe
Peoria, IL 61602-1070
Phone: 309-497-2143 or 309-497-2150
To download click the link below.